OUR LIFE WITH SATI

Tuesday, August 4, 2009


so my brother and his wife are pregnant. can't believe it, i am totally surprised i had asked them about it before and it didn't seem like they were planning on it really this soon. regardless it is amazing. To me, my brother and his wife await their "Sati". Their little "Sati" is growing its presence is with them now, all they have to do is nurture and love the thought of it inside Melissa's belly and await meeting face to face. the face that will wash the weight of the world away. the face that makes everything fall into place,

i feel like things are just becoming more whole, like my brother i look at his life and never before had i envisioned it missing something but now that his family is beginning i feel for him that his life is more complete. i can't wait to see him with his baby. it is so indescribable to observe a couple that was truly meant to be together create life, pieces of them existing on its own. with all their corks and silly faces.

i can't wait to share things that only parents can know. i hope that even though we are still new parents that Christian and I can be of some help somehow. if not, we will be there only to be their silly aunt and uncle.

our little bubsie is so sweet, we accidentally got her on an early bedtime and morning schedule, which is so very weird for me because I usually crash with her whenever that would be and that was that. but now she goes to bed around 9 and wakes at 7ish. so for only the 2nd time in 7 months have i been able to work on whatever after she goes to bed. so weird!

we took her to this "block/alley" party this weekend. with dad and Marj. which was fun meeting everyone that dad wanted to show off his grand-daughter to, but i had the most fun watching dad be gramps. so touching and still brings tears to my eyes watching him put his head to hers to listen to her little hums, he whispered to her, and just radiated love.

he can't wait to play ball with her, neither mom or dad can wait to take her to the zoo and Grammy Terre i am sure can't wait to sing more to her. She also needs to teach me more songs.

1 comment:

Terre Jackson said...

Hi Katie -- I haven't read your blog for a while -- Christian's either! I love it that you both are writing again - and I am thoroughly enjoying both. You both have a knack for writing -- I am sure that is because you both have that creative side -- which is soooo wonderful. It is such a wonderful outlet. Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading it and that I miss you and Christian and Sati so much!
In HIM who is all LOVE, Terre/Mom/Grammy