OUR LIFE WITH SATI

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finally getting back to this blog

Things are well underway with our little miracle. She is about 6 weeks old now. Doing really good, most of you know what is the latest on her. But for those that don't here is what has been happening.

Sati is pretty easy going, part of that is due to our flexible schedule since I am not working. When she wakes up in the middle of the night, Sati and I can just catch up on naps the following day. So that has allowed for any overwhleming-ness to be avoided. I think the only thing that is hard to deal with is her discomfort with gas and passing bowels.

She wakes up crying because she is either passing some stool or just gas, we are pretty sure it isn't painful, it is just something we have to comfort her through each time.

Sometimes though, she will be sleeping and then just scream out. unlike any of her other cries but seriously holler like she is being hurt. Breaks our heart. Sometimes she doesn't even wake up to this, it is like she is dreaming this torture. A couple days ago this happened and Christian was holding her, while she cried he tried to comfort her but she didn't settle, so he made her wake up so that she could see we were there and nothing bad was happening. Makes you wonder though what she could have been dealing with in her mind.

Since the weather has warmed, we have been trying to get outside, it actually is still too cold to take her out for periods at a time, but I find that the weather often feels different from what the reading is on the news, So we try, usually getting chilled to the bones, or blown over. So we make it to Starbucks and then head in. Can't wait until I can get to the lake with her for longer. I have really missed it this winter, since I was pregnant it was harder to take walks, and then I was just on bed rest and now, it too cold for her. I have missed it so much, I love the lake most in the winter. I feel like I have missed a whole season.
But, it is all okay.

I had my six weeks check up yesterday, all the ladies at the office didn't understand why I had a baby that was so dark, finally my ob asked me and I reminded her that Christian was mixed, still she was amazed because I guess Sati looks Latina to them. But if you looked at Christian's baby photos you would see that he did too. I will post one for you, just have to get it from him first.

So all checked out, I am free to get back to all normal activities, time to get back to working out!!! I haven't been excerising other than walking and carrying Sati and all her belongings but I have dropped 20 lbs of the weight I gained while pregnant only 23 lbs more! to be at my ideal weight.

So, all is well, Christian and I will be trying harder to post more on both our blogs, so do check back in.
love you all,
till I talk to you next take care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you doing so well but I know it is going well because I have been there enough!!! Well it will never be enough!! Love Grandma Peggy